The City of Dahlonega General Election will be held at the Lumpkin County Park and Recreation located at 365 Riley Road on Tuesday, November 3, 2015 from 7:00 AM until 7:00 PM for the purpose of electing Three Council Members designated as Post 4, Post 5 and Post 6.
Persons wishing to run for said office must meet the following eligibility requirements:
1. Must be at least twenty-one years of age before the election date.
2. Must never have been convicted and sentenced in any court of competent jurisdiction for fraudulent violation of primary or election laws, malfeasance in office, or felony involving moral turpitude or conviction of domestic violence under the laws of Georgia or any other state or of the United States, or that the candidate's civil rights have been restored and that at least ten years have elapsed from the date of the completion of the sentence without a subsequent conviction of another felony involving moral turpitude. Must not have defaulted for any federal, state, county, municipal, or school system taxes required of a candidate unless the candidate has been adjudicated by a court of competent jurisdiction to owe those taxes. Such ineligibility may be removed at any time by full payment thereof, or by making payments to the tax authority pursuant to a payment plan, or under such conditions as the General Assembly may provide by general law.
3. Must have been a resident of the City of Dahlonega at least one year preceding the election in which he or she offers as a candidate.
4. Must be a registered voter of the City of Dahlonega.
5. Must pay a qualifying $144.00 for Council Member.
Persons desiring to have their names placed in nomination for this office must qualify with the City Clerk's office at City Hall located at 465 Riley Road, Dahlonega. Qualifying begins on Monday, August 31, 2015 at 8:30 AM and will close on Friday, September 4, 2015 at 4:30 PM.
For further assistance, please contact Rebecca Shirley.