Procedure for Obtaining Business/Occupation Tax Certificate
1. Print the attached application or contact the City of Dahlonega Planning & Zoning Department to obtain the license application for your particular business situation0-Business License Procedures and Forms
2. Please provide the following information as well as other documentation which may apply.
- Copy of Drivers License
- Fire Dept. Inspection Sheet- Approval required for all businesses. Contact Number: 706-482-2642
- Food service permit from health dept. (required of restaurants or if food prepared on site)
- Department of Agriculture License- required of grocery stores, convenience stores, etc. Contact Number: 770-531-3973
- Sales Tax Number - Any questions should be directed to the Georgia Department of Revenue at, 404-417-6758 or by e-mail,
- The U.S. Internal Revenue Service issues an Identification Number (E.I.N.) to any business that: 1) has employees, and/or 2) plans to establish itself as a corporation, partnership, or sole proprietorship (some exceptions may apply). Contact Number: 1-800-829-1040
- State license/Certification - Certain professions are required to obtain licenses/certifications from the State of GA. A few examples of these professions are: Plumbers, Electricians, Heating/Air Conditioning Contractors, Attorneys, Physicians, and Cosmetologists.Documentation of this certification must be presented. Contact Number: 912-207-1416
3. Please complete all pages of the application, return with the fee and any attachments. If application is complete your tax certificate should arrive at your mailing address in approximately seven (7) days.
Sign Info: The review process could take up to 7 days, so get your application in as soon as possible. Follow this LINK for details.
Water Service: To avoid interruption/termination of service be sure to apply for water service at the Customer Service desk. Follow this LINK for details.