Residential Brush & Tree Limb Pick Up
Residential Brush & Tree Limb Pick Up Requirements:
- Limited to one collection per week, per address. Additional pickups available for a fee.
- The brush pile must be on the property's curbside and cannot exceed 24 SF.
- Tree limbs can be no more than 6" in diameter.
- Tree limbs can be no longer than 4' in length.
- All pickups are scheduled in advance by contacting City Hall (706) 864-6133.
The City does not pick up the following items:
- Grass clippings and other material too small for chipping.
- Trimmings from commercial properties, institutional properties or professional lawn/tree service companies.
Curbside leaf pick up is from October 1 through January 31.
Mulch & leaf compost (when available) is located at the City Shop for pick up between 7:00 a.m. & 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The City will deliver mulch and leaf compost to City customers for a fee of $25.00 for each load.
City Announces Expanded Residential Recycling Program
The City of Dahlonega announces an agreement with Sanitation Solutions that will propel the City into a new era of residential recycling. The agreement will allow residents to recycle more materials than before.
Customers now have the opportunity to recycle 35 different items through the traditional curbside pickup. Recyclables that can now be placed in the bins include: aluminum, cardboard, glass, junk mail, plastic, magazines, newspaper and a variety of paper. Residents will receive mailers that describe the expansion of the recycling program and include easy-to-understand illustrations of what they can recycle and how. The expanded recycling program will make it easier for residents to recycle more and is an important step toward the City's goals of becoming a greener place to live, work, and play.
Download a Know What to Throw Guide for recycling in Dahlonega.
Curbside recycling makes if easy and convenient to recycle. The list below is your guide to recycling in Dahlonega. Place all materials in one container without a bag and we will sort & separate for you!
Plastic soda and water bottles (#1)
Milk jugs (#2)
Plastic detergent bottles (#2)
Plastic bottles (#3 – 7)
Aluminum beverage containers
Aluminum baking tins
Aluminum food containers
Steel food containers
Empty aerosol cans
Clean metallic lids
Cardboard boxes (broken down)
Paper towel cores
Tissue paper cores
Soda and beer cartons
Paper grocery bags
Shopping and lunch bags – paper
Magazines and shopping catalogs
Newspapers and inserts
Old phone directories
Carbonless forms – paper
||ITEMS NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTED
Hazardous waste containers
Motor oil containers
Plastic grocery bags
Under the new program, recyclables will be picked up each Friday beginning August 8.
For additional information on materials accepted and to request a recycling bin contact City Hall, (706) 864-6133.
Garbage pick-up is mandatory for residential customers. A business may choose their provider. If a business does not choose to have City garbage pick-up, we will not pick-up recyclables from the business. Only items placed in the container furnished by the City will be picked up. Arrangements for excess pick up must be made with City Hall. Additional fees will be required for all excess material.
- Residential Rate: $20.00 per can. Each additional can will be $20.00. Each trash receptacle must have a city sticker. It is mandatory that all city residents have city garbage service.
- Non-Tax Paying Customer Rate: $29.00
- Business Rate: Call City Hall for rates, (706) 864-6133
Due to the content of the City's sanitation ordinance, the City no longer offers large item garbage pickup (this includes items such as washers, dryers, refrigerators, and furniture).